Friday, January 8, 2010

Jan. 08 2010

Well we are at day 274 for Buffy,
129 for Nellie
93 or 156 for Ladybug
And I've been noticing lately that Sugarplum is putting on some belly. I will test her next week.

I'm just heading out this morning to feed and put everybody out for the day. Will do an udder check on Buffy and will update if there is anything happening there. Last pregnancy she did not start uddering up until day 319, but you just never know with these mares. I also have milk testing strips which I will use once her milk udder starts to develop and we get closer to the due date. On day 300 I turn on the barn camera and start watching her through the night. That's when the fun begins. Try only going on 30 minutes of sleep/30 minutes of awake all night for a month and see where your brain ends up. LOL. I've done it for two years now and the reward? I've been there to help at all three foalings and I wouldn't have it any other way. There's nothing in life quite like the birth of 20 pound teddybear size horse in the wee hours of the night when it's just me and my horses and God. Just can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment