Thursday, October 24, 2013

Out of the mares that were bred, I've tested 10, so far 5 are pregnant.  Two more will be tested later on in the year once they are 4 months along.  So we have Dream, Ladybug, Buffy, Fly,  and Nellie confirmed pregnant.
Penny aborted a pinto colt at 4 months,  this is the first time I have ever lost a foal and it was a upsetting day for me.
Taylor has been gelded and I have cart trained him for a few months now.  He is doing so amazingly well that I am going to be showing him next year in the novices classes at MHANS shows.  The new stallion is Huybers Doctor Pepper.  I bought him from a friend.  He has awesome bloodlines and is going to be a very small boy.  At 13 months old, he is only 28.5 inches tall.  I don't expect him to go over 30 inches.  He has some pawprints so I am hoping he is homozygous for pinto. Here is a scruffy picture of my new boy.



Dream continues to do therapy work with the special needs clients in Enfield.  Her foal has begun to kick and everyone at CCOA cannot wait until she foals that little filly.


Summer hay is all put away in the loft for the winter, we are just putting in our wood this week and then we will be all ready to hunker down and watch the mommas grow pudgier each day.  I love the slow pace of winter, too bad it has to be so cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment