Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Saving a life - and giving hope

First off, I do not pass judgement on the previous owner of this mare.  I pray to God that I never have to walk a mile in her shoes.  She has suffered and continues to suffer tragedy.  She does what is right now by finding homes where the horses will be loved and cared for. 

This is just to document little Dreams journey into a new life.

From a tiny stall in a pitch black barn emerged this little mare; having not seen the light of a bulb or daylight for years.  Bless her soul, she broke my heart and found herself in my mini van on the way home.  I sang lullabyes to her to keep her calm, but she is so sweet and calm there was no worries of her freaking out.

Here was her condition upon arrival:






And here she is after 2 hours of intensive trimming, brushing and combing.  Still so much to do, but in small steps.  Last two pics are the pieces of hoof I hacksawed off.  Then I nippered another ~1 inch off. 








And here is her beautiful face.  This mare is an Angel.  I had to use a hacksaw to take off the worst of the rears and she didn't fuss at all.  She knew I was helping.  God love her, I already am in love with this doll.




Her world changes today....  Welcome home Dream!!

No comments:

Post a Comment